Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lakeview Park, outside of Eunice, La



Bonsoir Catin rockin at Lakeview Park

Josephine


Bonnie,Lance and Laura with husband Toby and baby Josephine
Toby checks out the old dancehall which is under renovation.



The Lakeview Park lake


Cooking for a Christmas pary



Bonsoir Catin






 What a cool place...I'm in love with it. Lakeview Park outside of Eunice.  I finally made it up there with some friends for a story we are doing in the Independent. The new owners have done a fine job fixing it up and adding a bunch of new things. Like the awesome old new barn dancehall.  I listened to Bonsoir Catin Saturday night.  The place just seems like the right location to listen to Cajun music. It feels like an old dancehall. I'm ready to go back this weekend to hear Horace Trahan. And if it wasn't so cold I would go swimming in the fresh water swimming hole and beach but I might save that for another time. Check out my photos from a couple of visits I made.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to go! I'm going to dig up the web site and get deets. Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go too, Cel. Let's take our girlz and go dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just let me know and I'm there with you. Just wish they had a shuttle service back to Lafayette:)

    ReplyDelete